JOIN THE TEAM OF VOLUNTEERS AT THE BRITISH COLUMBIA AVIATION MUSEUM
Enjoy participating in the amazing story of flight in British Columbia and Canada! Work around aircraft dating back to 1910, right up to modern jets. Share stories and facts about dozens of aircraft, right in front of you. Welcome visitors from across Canada, and around the world, and be part of their excitement at visiting one of Canada’s major aviation museums.
There are several opportunities to become involved with the museum as a volunteer, supporting one of the many activities that are available. You can bring your skills to the museum, or receive training in a new environment. Each position receives support, guidance and training where required. Join the team that is passionate about aviation, or want to be a part of helping the museum grow.
The museum currently has the following opportunities:
• Tour guides – Walk around with visitors and share information about the aircraft and displays. Full information and training provided.
• Gift Shop/Cashier – Greet visitors, handle admissions and gift shop sales, provide information
• Education Program – Assist with the delivery of an aviation oriented segment of the BC curriculum (no experience necessary)
• Web design/IT – Help promote the museum through the internet.
• eBay sales – Assist with listings, online sales and shipping
• Administration – Record keeping, assisting with office duties
• Exhibits and Displays – Help set up displays and keep them clean. Dust the aircraft and help with other activities in the hangars.
• Collections – Assist with cataloguing, storing and researching artifacts and archival materials
• Restoration – Use your mechanical and technical skills restoring aircraft.